The new bug-fix release for 2.0 line of K3b has been released. Besides the usual bug fixing this release adds a new build option allowing to compile out any dependencies to HAL. Also, default notification sounds has been changed.
Changelog (since 2.0.1)
- Added K3B_ENABLE_HAL_SUPPORT option to the build configuration. It allows to disable any direct calls to HAL (253388)
- Using Oxygen sounds for events (242395)
- Crash on start when checking device capabilities (246822)
- Search paths on “Programs” options are not saved (248648)
- Crash on generation of DVD previews in DVD ripping list (249941, 253639)
- Crash on closing dialog after succesful audio CD ripping (241630)
- Crash on device detection (249371)
- Crash when showing settings window (238819)
- Fixed playlist sort order (249395)
- Show K3b also in “System” category in KDE launch menus (250749)
- Crash when multiple instances start at the same time (253794)
- Crash after track splitting (261188)
- Inline editing of tracks in CD ripping view no longer works (250600)
Yesterday we’ve finished the process of moving K3b source code to the new KDE git infrastructure. Now you can browse K3b sources on the new fancy project site or directly using Gitweb.
The new git repository is available at:
- git://anongit.kde.org/k3b (for read-only access)
- ssh://email@example.com/k3b (for read-write access)
Kudos to sysadmins for help and for making this possible!
Today the new maintenance version of K3b 2.0 has been released. This is the first release put together by Markus Slopianka, our new release manager.
Changelog (since 2.0.0)
- Freeze on ripping Audio CD using external encoder to MP3 or FLAC (236466)
- Drag and drop from Dolphin doesn’t work (242745)
- Symbolic links are not added to a project when a folder is added recursively (243555)
- Install app icons to hicolor so that they are visible in non KDE WMs (BNC619731)
- Overburn doesn’t work (241534)
- Data part of mixed CD is not written – searching for previous session doesn’t work (246798)
- Fixed the speed comparision and formatting when cdrecord changes the writing speed automatically (246262, 243482)
- Track pointer seg fault (247588)
Today the reformed K3b team within the KDE Community is proud to release the final 2.0 of the premier disk recording application, codenamed “Komeback”. Although pre-release versions have already enjoyed widespread adoption, we’d like to recap some of the highlights of this release.
K3b 2.0 marks the last milestone in the effort to port one of the most popular disk recording applications to KDE’s current Platform 4. Although some parts still use legacy libraries, the application takes advantage of the new platform and integrates better with it. Solid, the KDE hardware layer, is now used for hardware detection.
On the interface front K3b 2.0 is a direct port of its KDE3 predecessor. The overall look remains the same but it now uses modern widgets. For example, file browser shows a list of KDE’s global Places and takes advantage of the breadcrumb bar. The icons have also been updated to match the rest of the Oxygen theme.
With a few exceptions, K3b keeps feature-parity with 1.0.x series, but it also introduces a number of new features. Perhaps the biggest among these is support for Blu-ray drives. Additionally a lot of work have been put into improving the overall user experience. Some work-flows have been merged abstracting it for all kinds of media.
K3b team has worked hard to achieve maximum stability of the application, with over 250 bugs being closed during the pre-release period. This process will continue as bug-fixing versions will be released during development of K3b 2.1.
Changelog (since 1.0.5)
- Port to KDE Platform 4
- Always allow manual writing speed selection
- Use proper toolbars instead of the toolboxes -> nicer laying out with different styles
- Merged CD and DVD copy dialogs
- Merged CD and DVD image burning dialogs
- Merged CD-RW erasing and DVD formatting dialogs
- Merged Data CD and Data DVD projects into one plain data project with Blu-ray support
- Merged eMovix CD and eMovix DVD projects
- Removed CD copy option “prefer CD-Text”. K3b will now ask individually (there is no need to do this if no mounting is involved)
- Allow importing of arbitrary sessions into a data project, thus continuing other than the last session
- “Clear project” now only clears the added data but leaves the settings as they were (bug 147838)
- Added support for files bigger than 4GB via mkisofs 2.01.01a32 and above Do only reload the medium for verification if necessary (depends on the writer)
- Support for Blu-ray writing
- Support for DVD and Blu-ray writing via cdrecord
- New audio ripping pattern %e which is replaced by the file extension
- Better support for RTL languages
Yesterday I’ve released the fourth Release Candidate for K3b 2.0 (sources here)
Changelog since K3b 1.92 (2.0-RC3)
- Moved K3b Handbook to Userbase
- Improved checking/unchecking items using Space key. Previously to do that the current item had to be in first column
- Cannot choose between cdrecord when both cdrecord and wodim are installed (239861)
- Crash when files have been removed right before burning the project (240398) Crash when moving a file into a directory with Shift key pressed (239075)
- Invalid parameter to cdrecord for non-integer burning speed (240310)
- Crash when burning CD Audio project with tracks from another CD (240450)
- Crash when turning off the drive (235743)
- Crash when importing previous session (235734)
- Various crashes during manipulation of eMovix project view
- Hang before verification (156684)
- Crash when “Waiting for medium” dialog is closed (232148)
Hi, that took us way longer than expected but we’re finally released RC3 of K3b. Among other things the infamous BD bug has been fixed (thanks to muesli who reproduced and debugged the issue). You can grab the sources here.
Changelog since K3b 1.91 (2.0-RC2)
- In some cases medium doesn’t get accepted for multisession burning (230742)
- Data files in VCD ripping view are not listed
- Show “Modify Permissions” button in System Problem Dialog only when it makes sense (230706)
- Crash after “Cancel” was clicked while adding audio files to AudioCD project (231348)
- Error window at the start when a place on the left pane is not accessible (230194)
- Incorrect minimum size of welcome widget (231939)
- Hangs while ripping AudioCD with data tracks (231174)
- Crash when auto-removing non-existing files from a project before the burning (236005)
- Empty Blu-ray medium not detected properly (236069)
- eMovix project cannot be burned (236823)
- M3U playlist not read properly (237654)
- K3b overwrites iso ignoring user choice on dvd copy with option “only create image” checked (185251)
- Compilation fails with FFmpeg version SVN-r23001 (236036)
- Crash when waiting for reload the medium
A couple days ago I’ve uploaded a tarball for K3b 2.0 RC2. This version contains the translation files for libk3b, libk3bdevice and K3bSetup that I missed last time. No other changes has been made.
There will be at least one more RC release since there’s still some Blu-ray issue that’s holding us down.
Hi, today we have released K3b 1.90.0 which is a Release Candidate for 2.0 version. You can grab the sources here.
Basides bugfixes the main change is that K3bSetup uses KAuth now. That means kdelibs 4.4 are required to build it. If you want to build K3b with kdelibs 4.3 you’ll need to disable K3bSetup at configure time (pass -DK3B_BUILD_K3BSETUP=OFF option to cmake).
I would like to thank all users who took a time and filled bug reports. Without you K3b wouldn’t be as stable as it is now.
We plan to release the final version on March 15.
Changelog since K3b 1.70 (2.0-beta1)
- K3bSetup ported to KAuth framework
- Crash on start of Audio Ripping Dialog (226595)
- Incorrect ordering of files added to Audio Project (224649)
- Too wide Image Burn Dialog when file path was long (225735)
- Crash when creating image files for AudioCD project (219500)
- Crash when manipulating VCD project items (227855)
- Mixed-up metadata in files created with external encoder (227927)
- Cannot edit time values in “Split Audio Track” and “Edit Audio Track” dialogs (229042)
- Empty Blu-ray medium not detected properly (227339, 229039)
- Crash during splitting/editing audio tracks
- Entry fields doesn’t work in burn window when “Only Create Image” option is checked (220970)
- Layout issues in settings window (227733)
Just a quick update for everyone interested. We closed our old mailing lists hosted by Sourceforge and moved to:
See you there!
After two months of work I’m pleased to announce the first beta release of K3b. It is the last testing version before stable 2.0. If everything goes fine, the stable version will be ready in the end of February.
Although this version brings mostly bug fixes it also contains some new features. Blu-ray support has got final touches, it’s now waiting for brave testers who would try it. Thanks to Oxygen Team we have new, beautiful icons. Widget and layouts are now more aware of Right-To-Left languages. Full list of changes below.
This release marks a string freeze. That means no changes to translatable string will be made till the stable version. So if you’re translator you should not longer worry your work will be lost.
Changelog since K3b 1.69 (2.0-alpha4)
- Added Blu-ray support
- Added “Options” button to file browser toolbar with view options menu (e.g. “Show Hidden Files”) (196992)
- Image and project files can be opened directly from K3b file browser
- Using Oxygen icons (many thanks to Oxygen Team!)
- Fixed visual glitch when panes are in “locked” state. Patch by Craig Drummond
- Fixed hang up when “Create Image” option is checked (217301)
- “Hide main window while writing” option is working again
- “Show OSD progress” option is working again
- Improved message when ISO with incorrect size is detected (216812)
- Improved consistency: K3b now uses system-wide Positive/Neutral/Negative colors where possible instead of hard-coded green/yellow/red
- Fixed incorrect default value “4gb.” in “Custom Size” dialog (215539)
- Fixed usability issues with project size menu: “Custom…” and “From Medium…” menu entries are non-checkable now (215539)
- Show correct message at the end of CD-RW erasing (207972)
- Fixed issue with too small configuration dialog for external encoder (218613)
- Track number is now stored in ripped MP3 files when using lame (218614)
- “Defaults” button in encoder configuration dialogs are working now
- Fixed usability problems of audio project list
- Fixed linking error on Windows
- Fixed crash during verification process (219962)
- Fixed crash in external encoder plug-in
- Brought back SOX encoder configuration dialog
- Fixed checking free space in temporary folder
- Fixed videodvd:/ KIO slave
- Fixed hang-up for mixed projects after reloading medium for verification
- Converting audio tracks from audio project is working again
- Fixed burning bootable discs
- Custom widgets are now properly rendered for Right-to-Left languages
- Progress bar in image writing dialog is shown again
- Fixed crash while analyzing invalid medium (223362)
- Acquire lock also on storage interface. This prevents HAL from polling medium during burning which might disrupt burning process.
- Fixed bug in external programs detection (221638)
- Improved usability: don’t show pop-ups when clicking on DVD, VCD or audio discs. Added appriopriate actions on toolbars instead.
- Fixed crash while analyzing invalid medium (195436)